barcode on labels then printing them

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:55 AM

This software looks quite helpful  for my requirements... I do have a couple of questions however.

First a brief description of my needs.  We will receive our inventory and then once an item or group of items has been recieved we wish to generate labels to be placed on each package received.  The labels will include several fields such as price, date, part #, and a few other items, including a barcode.  Once this is done, I need to print the labels.  As Silverlight does not do printing well, the idea that I have is that the information for the label, including the barcode, will be transfered to an Adobe document then that adobe document will be printed.  Basically I will have the label created on the screen then map the fields on the screen to an adobe document, then print that document.   I am not sure if this is the best or cleanest way to do it and I am open to other ideas and suggestions. 

Can you share with me how you might go about printing your barcodes out on labels once they are generated?   have you done this?

Thank You
cshort

Feb 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I've used this type of barcode for years and it works fine.

just want to share with you.

hope you can find what you want.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:05 AM

The Bar Code Reader I used is KEEPAUTOMATION  Bar Code Reader, when there is textbox and set focus on textbox, barcode id can display in textbox,you can put it into your excel file and print it out.

Mar 16, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Besides barcode fonts, you may directly use a Linear Barcode Generator Add-In for Word for your project. Based on your project, you are free to choose the barcode types and encode your target information into the barcodes (linear or 2d). Easily, multiple barcodes can be generate within few clicks.

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Why not print barcode directly in the PDF file? As far as I know, the Adobe document can support generating barcode functions.
Jun 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2013 at 3:03 AM
I have ever searched a free barcode reader component online, with which I'v printed my QR Code barcode image on labels. It also tells you how to do it in detail. You may have a try. Maybe it can help you.
Sep 23, 2013 at 8:21 AM
There are so many barcode generator online. And I want to know what the standard shoul be when we choose them? Any help will be appraciated. Thanks in advance.
Feb 28, 2014 at 3:47 AM
arronlee wrote:
There are so many barcode generator online. And I want to know what the standard shoul be when we choose them? Any help will be appraciated. Thanks in advance.
hello, arronlee, when you are choosing barcode generator. compatibility is the first thing you need to consider. second, fucntionality.